- The Tax Collector of Indian River County serves as an agent for the Florida Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles, and must follow the procedures set forth in the Florida State Statutes and Administrative Rules.
- In order to assist the public, the Tax Collector’s office is providing general information below regarding motor vehicles. For more detailed information, please access the Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles website or contact the Tax Collector’s office.
- Forms may be obtained from the Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles forms webpage or by contacting Tax Collector’s office.
- In the State of Florida, a mobile / manufactured home is required by law to be registered every year, unless the mobile / manufactured home is declared as real property by the Indian River County Property Appraiser.
- In the State of Florida, when you purchase a new mobile / manufactured home, bring a mobile / manufactured home into the state or at any time the ownership of the mobile home changes, you must apply for a title and registration in your name.
Mobile / Manufactured Home Titles
To title and register a mobile / manufactured home in the applicant's name, please bring the following items to the Tax Collector’s office:
- NEW Mobile / Manufactured Home: the Manufacturer's Certificate of Origin completed by the selling dealer.
- USED Mobile / Manufactured Home: the title properly completed for transfer by the seller, and a bill of sale from seller to purchaser.
Every person applying for ownership on a new or used mobile / manufactured home must complete one of the following:
- Fill out and sign the Application For Certificate Of Title With/Without Registration (HSMV 82040).
- Be present in our office to sign the application and provide personal identification.
Sales tax must be paid unless the transaction is exempt. If purchased from a dealer, proof must be submitted indicating the dealer has already collected the sales tax.
Title application fees range from $75.25 and up.
Mobile / Manufactured Home Duplicate Titles
- The owner(s)* of record for a mobile / manufactured home may apply for a duplicate title.
- An Application For Duplicate or Lost in Transit/Reassignment for a Motor Vehicle, Mobile / Manufactured Home or Vessel Title Certificate (HSMV 82101) must be completed in detail and can be submitted to theTax Collector’s office.
- If there is an outstanding lien (i.e. finance company, lending institution, etc.), only the lien holder can apply for a duplicate title. If the lien has been satisfied, a lien satisfaction form must be presented.
- If your title was issued in another state, you must apply for the duplicate title through the proper department/division of that state.
- The fee for a Florida duplicate motor vehicle title is $77.75.
- Fast Titles are available for an additional $10.00 for mobile / manufactured homes.
Mobile / Manufactured Home Registrations
Registrations are renewed annually and expire December 31st.
- Florida law does not provide for mobile / manufactured home registration renewal notices, although the Tax Collector of Indian River County does mail out courtesy renewal notices. These courtesy renewal notices are mailed 4 weeks prior to the month in which the registration expires, from data compiled by the Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles.
- In order to renew mobile / manufactured home registrations, you will need the following items:
- Previous registration, registration renewal notice or last mobile / manufactured home decal number.
- Physical site address of the mobile / manufactured home.
- If renewing in the Tax Collector’s office, in order to accept payments by check or credit card, identification is required by check presenter or card holder.
- Renewals may be made at the Tax Collector’s office or online on this web site.
- Initial, renewal, duplicate/replacement mobile / manufactured home registrations can be obtained at the Tax Collector’s office.
***Note: Not receiving a renewal notice by mail does not relieve the mobile / manufactured home owner of their responsibility to timely renew their mobile / manufactured home registration.