You can help protect Florida's endangered and threatened marine turtles by making a donation to the Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission.  Donations can be made at any location. Your donation will help fund research at the Florida Fish and Wildlife Research Institute and conservation efforts by the Imperiled Species Management Section.  With each donation of five dollars or more, you will receive your choice of one of the waterproof decals featured.



Anyone freshwater fishing, saltwater fishing and/or hunting in Florida must possess a valid freshwater fishing license, saltwater fishing license, and/or hunting license excluding those entitled to exemptions. For the purpose of hunting and/or fishing in Florida, a “resident” is defined as anyone having lived in Florida for six continuous months prior to applying for a license and who claims Florida as their primary residence.


One of the following documents must be submitted as proof of residency in order to obtain hunting and/or fishing license:



  • Florida Driver License or Florida Identification Card

  • Florida Voter’s Registration


  • Military orders showing that the applicant is stationed in Florida


  • Homestead Exemption

  • Statement from Florida Landlord

  • Parents Proof of Residency (applicants 18 years of age or younger)

  • Florida Student ID Card(applicants 18 years of age or younger)

For your convenience, you may obtain a hunting and/or a fishing license, permits, or replacement license directly from the Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission via telephone by calling toll-free (888) 486-8356 or online at


Replacements for lost or destroyed hunting and fishing licenses and permits are available at the Tax Collector's Office. A lost or destroyed license or 5-year license may be replaced for $2.00. A lost or destroyed lifetime license may be replaced for $10.00.


Military Personnel


Florida residents in the US Armed Services not stationed in Florida, while home on leave with orders for 30 days or less are exempt from Freshwater Fishing License, Saltwater Fishing License, Hunting License, Florida Waterfowl, Management Area, Archery, Crossbow, Muzzleloading Gun, and Migratory Bird, Snook, and Lobster permits.


The Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission offers a special license called the Military Gold Sportsman’s License – Military Gold Sportsman’s License is available in the Tax Collector's Office.  An active military member wishing to purchase one must provide military orders showing they are stationed in Florida and a military ID card.


Active duty military personnel stationed in Florida, including their spouses and dependent children residing in the household, are considered residents when purchasing hunting and/or fishing license regardless of how long they have lived in the State.


Hunter Education Requirement


Anyone born on or after June 1, 1975 may not be issued a license to hunt in Florida without first having successfully completed a hunter safety course.  Anyone who meets the above description must present a valid hunter safety certification card prior to being issued a hunting license.


Anyone exempt from purchasing a hunting license but born on or after June 1, 1975 are exempt from the hunter safety requirement.  Lifetime license holders born on or after June 1, 1975 whose license does not indicate that they have completed a hunter safety course must have the hunter safety certification card in their possession while hunting.


Hunter Safety Requirement Deferral


Anyone 16 years of age or older born or after June 1, 1975 may hunt under the supervision of a licensed hunter, 21 years of age or older, without having to complete the State's Hunter Safety Education course.  This program enables the qualified individual to purchase an annual Florida hunting license and to hunt on a one-year trial basis.  Individuals taking advantage of the Hunter Safety Mentoring Exemption option will have to take and pass a Hunter Safety Education Course to be eligible to purchase future hunting privileges.  For more information and course schedules see Hunter Safety Mentoring Exemption program on the Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission's website.


Applications for resident freshwater commercial fishing licenses and saltwater products license are submitted to and issued by the Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission in Tallahassee; you may obtain an application from the Tax Collector's Office.


Hunting, Freshwater, and Saltwater Handbooks are available at the Tax Collector's Office or you may also go online to Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission.


Under F.S. 668.6076, email addresses are public records. If you do not want your email address released in response to a public records request, do not send electronic mail to this entity. Instead, contact this office by phone or in writing.




Payment Methods

Records, Search & Forms