CWLA Eligibility Requirements
• You must be 21 years of age or older.
• You must be able to demonstrate competency with a firearm.
• Unless you are serving overseas in the United States Armed Forces, you must currently reside in the United States (U.S.) AND a U.S. citizen or deemed a lawful permanent resident alien by Department of Homeland Security, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Service (USCIS).
• If you are serving overseas in the U.S. Armed Forces, you must submit a copy of your deployment documentation with your application.
• 'Resident Aliens' must provide a valid Permanent Resident Alien card.
Possible Reasons for Ineligibility:
• The physical inability to handle a firearm safely.
• A felony conviction (unless civil and firearm rights have been restored by the convicting authority).
• Having adjudication withheld or sentence suspended on a felony or misdemeanor crime of violence unless three years have elapsed since probation or other conditions set by the court have been fulfilled.
• A conviction for a misdemeanor crime of violence in the last three years.
• A conviction for violation of controlled substance laws or multiple arrests for such offenses.
• A record of drug or alcohol abuse.
• Two or more DUI convictions within the previous three years.
• Being committed to a mental institution or adjudged incompetent or mentally defective.
• Failing to provide proof of proficiency with a firearm.
• Having been issued a domestic violence injunction or an injunction against repeat violence that is currently in force.
• Renouncement of U.S. citizenship.
• A dishonorable discharge from the armed forces.
• Being a fugitive from justice.
Records, Search & Forms
Hunting & Fishing
Local Business Tax